We’re looking for Data Engineers specializing in Big Data technologies and projects to build features, design and implement API methods with sensors. You will work on the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
In a typical week, you’ll develop new features with state-of-the-art technologies in a crossfunctional team of product managers, front-end developers and quality engineers.
This position is based in the Hague.
• Solve problems in a fast-paced, technical environment.
• Transform large, complex data sets into pragmatic, actionable insights.
• Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
• Challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members.
• Get exited from new technologies, adapt quickly and take ownership of your work.
• 3+ years work experience as a Data Engineer.
• Strong experience in scaling and optimizing schemas, performance tuning SQL and ETL pipelines in the OLTP, OLAP and Data Warehouse environments
• Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (logging, columnar, star and snowflake, dimensional modeling)
• Proficiency with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages is a big plus (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, Go)
• Ability to work on multiple areas like Data pipeline ETL, Data modeling & design, writing complex SQL queries etc.
• Excellent working conditions with a good salary
• The possibility for growth
• A great team to work in
• Room for learning
OCTO is more than just a tech company. We’re on a mission to make buildings healthy, safe and comfortable. We’re a team of 12 entrepreneurial people. Empathy, Ownership, Craftsmanship, Playfulness, Solidarity and Entrepreneurship. These are some of the core values we live by, as a company. We work by them too! We’re building a platform and products we believe in. Knowing there is real value to be gained from digitalizing buildings. If you believe that as well, we’re looking for you!
Interested in taking on this position? Don't hesitate to send us a message with your motivation then! Please fill out the form below to submit your application. Keep in mind, that you might be asked later to submit your CV and/or portfolio later.